Terms and Conditions | How we work
The Design Process
- We respond to your initial enquiries, by asking you a series of questions about your business, your customers and the aims and objectives for your website.
- We will then arrange a meeting discuss your ideas, content and the structure of the site.
- We will provide you with a proposal detailing scope of works, costs and timeframe.
- Once we have your approval we will start to build the site, and will provide you with screenshots to show progress.
- As we progress we will discuss in detail any amendments and keep you up to date on progress.
- We will then arrange whatever training you require to update your website.
- Your website will go live, with an agreed buffer period to test the site and snag any issues.
- A complimentary snag period exists of 15 days after the site goes live, during which we will work to resolve any issues or problems. After the initial 15 days, resolving any problems or issues which arise will be billed to the client, unless explicitly caused by an error by Whitstable Design.
- Branding – this service taken as an individual service includes up to three sets of revisions. Further revision design time will be charged at £40 an hour.
Indecisive on design
Don’t worry – we all are! As creatives we understand that you sometimes change your mind. This includes, minor text edits, replacement of full paragraphs of text and image replacement.
Please note, this does not include any restructure to your site e.g. custom designed headers and banners, major layout change, custom designed borders and backgrounds.
Whitstable Design maintains copyright on the material – images, text that they produce – but you are free to use them and protect them as your trading symbols in perpetuity.
We will provide you with an invoice detailing all services, including hosting, photo rights useage, email setup time, and plugins if applicable.
- 50% of payment is to be made upon receiving invoice.
- 25% of payment is due 1 week before agreed site launch date and the remaining.
- 25% is due before or on the day of your site goes live.
- All prices quoted on our website will have a 15% project management fee applied
- Payment needs to be made in full before your site will go live. If you have opted for ongoing support on a quarterly, six monthly or annual basis we will require regular payment to be made via a standing order.
- All charges & prices for services carried out by the Company are subject to VAT (where applicable) at the prevalent rate.
- All estimated prices quoted, whether written or verbal, are for the listed and mentioned services only. Any additional services required to complete a project will be quoted for in advance and charged accordingly. Deliveries and couriers are additional.
- All estimates are based on expected or agreed design time and include two sets of amendments where alterations are called for by the Client, or if additional changes are required by client.
- Where there is a change of brief, the Company will inform the Client in advance of any extra costs likely to be incurred.
- Advice of any loss, quality or damage issues must be reported to the Company within five clear working days of delivery and receipt (whether be printed or digital) and and any claim in respect thereof must be made in writing to the Company within 3 working days thereafter. The Company shall not be liable in respect of any claim unless the aforementioned requirements have been complied with.
- Whilst taking every care to protect all media and correspondence supplied, the Company cannot accept liability or be held responsible financially or otherwise for any loss. Disputes will not be entered into.
- If at any point during the design or development cycle a client wishes to cancel, they may do so but will be invoiced an amount that Whitstable Design judges to be proportional to the amount of work completed on the commission and further compensatory charges for booked design time or printing press time or any other supply costs accruing.
- Terms and Conditions may be changed at any time without prior notice to its clients. Notification will be sent to all clients at the time of the Terms and Conditions alterations.
All projects are planned to an agreed schedule. Non-adherence to this schedule by the Client may result in compromising final delivery deadlines. If this is likely to occur, the Company will advise the Client as soon as this becomes evident and suggest an alternative solution where feasible. This may incur additional costs.
Whilst every effort will be made to achieve agreed delivery, the Company cannot accept liability or be held financially responsible for any targets or deadlines being missed for delivery of any work which is outside of the Company’s control.
In good faith, Whitstable Design would hold any supplied files, originals and materials for a period of up to 12 months. Resumption of works on the project would be completed according to the original schedule of costs so long as the project specification remained unaltered.
All creative work produced and devised during a project(s), creative, digital, software files and related correspondence remain the property – physically, intellectually and in copyright, of the Company until full payment has been made on the Client’s account, and all project costs have been cleared.
Once final proofs/materials have been signed off, the Company cannot be held responsible financially or otherwise for any errors relating to print, programming or any end product.
The Company cannot guarantee the Client exclusivity of any marketing concept, strategy, design or other intellectual property provided. Therefore the Company will not accept liability for any alleged claim from the Client or any Third Party as the result of unintentional similarity in part or whole of a Third Party’s copyright protected or registered trademark or brand, identity, strapline, colour usage, image style and content, product or otherwise.
It remains the Client’s responsibility to seek copyright protection if desired for any creative/intellectual property provided to the Client by the Company.
Our aim is to ensure that your site is online and looking good 24/7, and one of us is available every weekday.
The Client is agreeing fully to the Company’s trading Terms and Conditions by commissioning our services
All websites will be supported and cross tested in the following browsers:
- IE 10+
- Firefox – Latest stock browser
- Safari – Latest stock browser
- Chrome – Latest stock browser